Wednesday 24 October 2007

Time for some Manager-Bashing!!!

As the title suggests, in this post I'm gonna do some serious manager-bashing...I'm sure it'll make me feel great at the end of it!!! Hehe...
So, I've got these two managers who are absolute idiots (that's a very decent word I've used here for both of them!!!)...One of them is my People Manager, a concept prevalent only in IBM I guess...And the other is a Project Manager (not mine thank god!!!) who's been incharge of us since we joined IBM...We are his responsibility, he tells us n we keep getting him in trouble all the time!!! That does feel nice especially when we are being given the firing of our lives...Now this guy is a freak I tell you, an absolute weirdo...Maybe being in the IT industry for so long does this to a person!!! So anyway, this chap is the moodiest person I've ever come across I think...You never know what's gonna happen next with him...One minute he's very nice to you n in a jovial mood n the next he's lost his temper n is blasting you away!!! During that time you can't put in a word for yourself because he just refuses to listen to you or even to reason...So the best way to handle him then is to let him blow his steam n once he cools down to present your side of the story...But this sure as hell takes a lot of patience (which I sorely lack!!!) n it tends to irritate everyone around...He's also a very bad communicator n atleast I, most of the time, hardly understand exactly what it is that he wants me to do!!! I dunno how the people in his project cope up with all this...Two of my friends are working under him and everyday they are either pulling out their hair in frustration or cursing their fate!!! Poor girls...
Coming now to my People Manager....She's the one who does my reviews, approves my leaves, does my appraisals...In short, she's the one who can screw me up big time!!! And that's exactly what she's doing I think...First of all she gives me bad reviews...Then she rejects my sick leaves too!!! Tells me to take paid leaves as I have lots of them...Thanks to her, I now have only three n a half PL's left!!!! Grrr...And all this she does sitting in Mumbai!!! Can you believe it??? As my friend says, she's good...N mind you he wasn't being sarcastic at all...He was just saying that as a manager she's good, because she knows how to screw people!!! Thanks to her and some more of this obnoxious breed called managers, I'm still on bench, waiting for a project to come my way...Sometime back, they wanted me to shift to some other city too!!! They pressurized me a lot, but I was pretty adamant about not going so it was dropped...
So there!!! That actually felt very good!!! Now the next time I'm frustrated n angry wid my managers, I'm again gonna give vent to my feelings in this way...It's a really great way to destress n clear your mind too...I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it...Cheers!!!

1 comment:

Elusionist said...

well - its my firm belief - that when the organization realizes that the person is of no use and he cant do anything constructive - they make him a manager :D

jokes apart - what u have observed is true - managers in IBM are a pathetic breed - but dont take it like all managers are like that - its just that the good ones don't last long in IBM.