Monday 8 October 2007

Thank You for the Music

As most of you people know, music is my life...so I thought why not write about something that actually runs in my blood!!!
So, music...as the song by ABBA goes, "What would life be? Without a song or dance what are we?" If you actually sit down and think, what would life be like without the beautiful sounds of music? How would countless number of people express themselves without this absolutely wonderful gift of nature (and man-made instruments of course!!! But the basic premise lies with nature itself)? Because with the help of music you can express any emotion you feel, be it happiness, sadness, wooing someone, being in love, getting ur heart broken, patriotism and many more...Music makes your heart sing along with it and it can lift up your spirits even wen you're really down in the dumps...Kickass songs can make you feel good about yourself when you've been rejected or whatever (I personally love those songs!!!)...You've got songs by Avril Lavigne which are odes to individuality and then again you have songs by Evanescence which are deep, dark and sometimes quite disturbing...Classic rock songs can be heard even in this day and age when genres like death metal and trash metal are so prevalent...I personally can't listen to heavy metal as I feel it atually trashes the sanctity of music...
One of my all time favourite bands is ABBA...now here's a group who knew how to make music...their songs cut across generations and are popular even today...Both my grandfathers were fans of ABBA, my parents still are and I will always be!!! I can't exactly pick one song which is my favourite but I love Fernando, Chiquitita, Eagle, S.O.S, The Winner Takes It All and lots more...I can't exactly give the list out here!!! And now for the paradigm shift from pop to rock...Evanescence is another all time favourite with me...Its lead singer Amy Lee has an amazingly powerful voice and the songs which they write and compose are all about hurt and pain...Their music is Gothic in nature and it somehow appeals to my more darker side (yes I do have a darker side)!!! Avril Lavigne is another artiste whom I absolutely adore...Her devil-may-care attitude shows in her songs and I can listen to them again and again...Then there are songs by Nirvana, Guns n Roses, Eagles, Eric Clapton and other classic rock gods which I love and can identify with...
Then of course who can forget our very own Hindi movie songs? Some of them rock I tell you...My current favourites are Ajab Si from Om Shanti Om and Saawariya from the movie of the same name...There are a lotta other Hindi songs I like from various movies...Can't really write all of them here so it'll suffice to say that there are loads of them!!!
Anyway, I think I'll sign off now...Took me two days to write this post and frankly speakin I'm a bit tired of it now!!! So, till the next time...Adios!!!

No comments: